Penguin Office Services regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as important to our successful operation and to maintaining client confidence. We will ensure that we (and those acting on our behalf) obtain, use and disclose personal information lawfully and correctly. To this end we fully endorse and adhere to the principles of data protection, as set out in the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and we are registered with the Data Protection Commissioner.
In particular we will:
- Observe the conditions in the Act regarding the fair collection and use of personal information
- Meet our legal obligations to specify the purposes for which we process personal information, this information being set out in our data protection notification particulars which can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at https://ico.org.uk/; Registration Number: Z8137702
- Collect and process appropriate personal information, only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil our operational needs or to comply with any legal requirement
- Ensure the accuracy of any personal information kept by us
- Take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to safeguard personal information
Please note that where our website contains links to other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites and this statement applies solely to any personal information collected by us. No personal information is currently collected directly from our website. The above applies to all personal information supplied by clients or potential clients, suppliers and sub-contractors.
We will endeavour to:
- Safeguard the confidentiality of all information entrusted to us
- Protect the business interests of our clients at all times
- Refrain from using our client’s resources for any personal or business gain
- Offer only those services which we are experienced and equipped to offer
- Accept responsibility for all work we perform
- Represent truthfully information concerning our capabilities and services
- Avoid conflicts of interest and inform the client of any such potential conflicts
We recognise that confidentiality is a sensitive issue for clients. We are happy to sign any non-disclosure or confidentiality agreement a client may require.